There are 25 lawyers who are part of the 208-person delegation Middle East delegation Prime Minister Stephen Harper invited along with him on his first visit to Israel this week.
Some of the country’s largest law firms are represented including Torys LLP, Dentons LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP, Blake Cassels & Graydon LLP, BLG and Davies Ward, Phillips & Vineberg LLP as well as individuals such as Cailin Rovinescu, president & CEO Air Canada.
• Aikins, MacAulay & Thorvaldson LLP — Robert Gabor, partner.
• Blake Cassels & Graydon LLP — William C. Kaplan, partner and Edward Perlmutter, partner emeritus.
• Bloomfield & Advocats — Harry Bloomfield, Eldee Foundation.
• Borden Ladner Gervais LLP — Aaron Blumenfeld, partner.
• Davies, Ward, Phillips & Vineberg LLP — Berl Nadler, partner.
• Dentons Canada LLP — Hartley Lefton, lawyer, Sara Lefton, assistant director of student programs; David Spiro, lawyer.
• Filmore Riley LLP — David Kroft, lawyer, CIJA Board member.
• Gauthier & Associates — Jacques Gauthier.
• Green & Spiegel LLP — Evan Green, partner.
• Lavery De Billy LLP — Carl Ravinsky, lawyer.
• McLeod Law LLP — Aaron Bickman, partner; president, Board Jewish National Fund.
• Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP — Stanley Herbert Hartt, counsel. Hartt is a former deputy finance minister, former CEO of Campeau Corp. and was chief of staff to former prime minister Brian Mulroney.
• Pitblado LLP — Howard Morry, partner.
• Reiter-Nemetz — Steven Nemetz, lawyer.
• Torys LLP — Cheryl Reicin, partner.
• Zeifmans LLP — Larry Zeifman, partner.
• Don Hutchinson — vice president, general counsel director, Centre for Faith and Public Life, Evangelical Fellowship of Canada.
• Judy Kremer, national manager, search & recruitment, Life After Law Inc.
• Martin Morantz, businessman/lawyer.
• Moshe Ronen, vice president/lawyer — World Jewish Congress & Centre for Israel & Jewish affairs.
• Cailin Rovinescu, president & CEO Air Canada.
• Herbert Silber, lawyer.