Firm announcements include Davies, Dentons, Langlois, McCarthy Tétrault, Osler
Welcome to this week’s roundup of movements among major law firms, in which we sum up significant hires, promotions, departures and other announcements.
Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP
The firm welcomed Corey Omer as a partner in its dispute resolution group. Based in Montreal, Omer has experience with complex business litigation, class action suits, regulatory investigations, mediation and matters involving cyber law, competition, consumer protection, insurance and white collar defence.
Dentons Canada LLP
The firm promoted 42 partners across North America, including the following in Canada:
- Jayme Alter (Toronto) — media, entertainment and sports
- Dina Awad (Toronto) — litigation and dispute resolution
- Arianne Bouchard (Montreal) — labour and employment
- Kathy Briere (Edmonton) — litigation and dispute resolution
- Arik Broadbent (Vancouver) — corporate
- Pam Chan Ebejer (Toronto) — labour and employment
- Esme Cragg (Toronto) — real estate
- Gergely Hegedus (Edmonton) — tax
- Mathieu Huot (Montreal) — litigation and dispute resolution
- Emma Irving (Vancouver) —litigation and dispute resolution
- Christy Lee (Calgary) — litigation and dispute resolution
- Daniel Wakeling (Edmonton) — corporate
The firm also announced the following appointments in Canada:
- George Antonopoulos (Calgary) — national lead of the global energy sector
- Mark Evans (Toronto) — national lead of the litigation and dispute resolution group
- Rachel Howie (Calgary) — deputy lead of the litigation and dispute resolution group
Langlois lawyers, LLP
Langlois named Sean Griffin, Montreal-based partner and member of the firm’s board of directors, as the new head of its litigation group.
McCarthy Tétrault LLP
The firm welcomed back Chia-yi Chua as a Toronto-based partner in its national tax group.
“Chia-yi’s unique ability to synthesize and resolve complex tax disputes that intersect with financial services, telecommunications, resource, retail, hospitality and transportation sectors is critical to successfully navigating positive outcomes for clients,” said Raj Juneja, partner and head of the firm’s national tax group, in the news release.
Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
The firm added Savvas Kotsopoulos as a partner in its real estate group in Toronto and has promoted Andrea Boctor, Toronto-based partner, as chairperson of its pensions and benefits group, effective Mar. 1.
Pallett Valo LLP
Alan Kay, senior counsel, has joined the Ontario-based firm as a member of its commercial real estate department and leasing group.
Pink Larkin, based in Atlantic Canada, opened a new office in Saint John, New Brunswick, which will be led by Thomas O’Neil, a senior litigator focused on civil litigation involving commercial and construction disputes and products liability.