Participating companies can review resumes online and reach out to qualified candidates
The Association of Corporate Counsel is inviting everyone seeking a new job or a career change to participate in its first Virtual Career Development and Job Fair on May 19 to 20.
The job fair’s activities include networking among professionals and employers and one-on-one career coaching with executive coaches. All in-house counsel are eligible to receive a complimentary 30-minute coaching session.
The open sessions for May 19 include the following:
- “Top 10 Tips for a COVID Job Search: How to Position Yourself for a Job Move During a Global Pandemic” by Debbie Tang, partner and executive recruiter at Bridge Partners
- “How to Leverage Your LinkedIn Profile for Your Next Corporate Counsel Role” by Wendi Weiner, personal branding and career expert at The Writing Guru
The sessions for May 20 include:
- “How to Market Yourself Authentically and Succeed in the Job Market” by Mark Hunyor, career transition expert and coach at StepJump
- “Finding or Creating Your Ideal In-house Role” by Claire Bibby, senior lawyer, professional coach, non-executive director, mediator and public speaker
- “Interview Like a Talk Show Host - Land the Job” by Jason Levin, speaker, trainer and executive career, business development and outplacement coach at Ready, Set, Launch, LLC
- “8 Challenges Facing In-house Counsel - How to Break through Them” by Charlotte Smith, executive coach, speaker, host of the Limitless Lawyer Podcast and former Lawyer
Registrants should secure a reliable internet connection, a clean and simple backdrop and a clear audio connection to prepare for virtual interviews. They can send requests for interviews to participating employers, and the employers will respond and arrange the interviews in accordance with the job fair’s scheduling calendar. Employers can also view the registrants’ resumes uploaded to their ACC Job Board accounts and contact individual registrants to set interviews.
“With the 2021 ACC CLO Survey showing that over one third of legal departments planned to hire more lawyers in 2021, we wanted to do everything we could to help make that happen,” said Patricia Trudeau, chief administrative officer at the Association of Corporate Counsel. “For those currently looking for a job or just exploring their options, to employers in a variety of industries near and far, we hope ACC’s Virtual Job Fair is a useful resource and opportunity for everyone.”
Exhibitors at the job fair include Axiom, Niagara Bottling, Novolex, Marlette Funding and Major, Lindsey & Africa. The association said that companies who apply to be exhibitors can benefit from reduced recruiting costs, unlimited access to the resume database, the promotion of their open positions, increased brand awareness and the ability to pre-screen and to set interviews with qualified job candidates.